After a month since RC1 I'm glad to announce ROSA Marathon 2012 GNOME Edition final release (RM2012 GE). RM 2012 GE it is a community-driven release with the GNOME 2.32 on the board. This release is intended for people who have no powerful machines, but do not want to use LXDE, or for people who do not want use GNOME 3.
|Pic.1: ROSA Marathon 2012 GNOME Editon Final|
- Kernel 3.0.38 with the latest security fixes.
- GNOME 2.32 software pack with the GDM 2.20 and original ROSA Theme.
- Chromium Browser 21.
- LibreOffice 3.4.5 LTS.
- ROSA Media Player 1.0.
- Pidgin 2.10.
- GIMP 2.6 (you can install GIMP 2.8 from personal repositories of our users);
- a Cantarell (GNOME 3 font) font is used by default;
|Pic.2: RM2012 GE Evolution|
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor;
- 512 MB (or more) RAM;
- 12 GB free disk space to install system;
- DVD or flash to install system;
- VGA monitor that supports 1024x768 pixels resolution;
- keyboard, mouse;
|Pic.3: RM2012GE Evince|
Where to download
You can download ROSA Marathon 2012 GNOME images from here. To install operating system, you can use flash or write .iso-image on a DVD disk. For creating Live-USB you can use Unetbootin or use a "dd" command (GNU/Linux only):
sudo dd if=/path/to/image.iso of=/dev/[you_flash] bs=1MB